- Intro to PeerPoint and Adult Learning
- Intro to ACCME
- Documentation and Information Requirements for CME Accreditation
- The CME BackOffice Application – Logistics
- Accreditation Checklist
- Disclosure by Presenter/Author
- Disclosure and Review of Financial Relationships
- Education Planning
- Processes for the disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships and Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interests.
- Appendix A: Standards for Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education℠
- Appendix B: Glossary and Terms
- Content Review and Validation Process for Accreditation
- Content Validation Criteria
- Review of Financial Relationship for Potential Conflict of Interest
- Team and Agenda Manager Process
- Conflict of Interest Sample Resolution Form
A Chairperson, Planner, Medical Editor, Reviewer or Manager (Team Member) should have the proper credentials for the area of practice that is the subject of the educational activity.
Each Team Member must disclose any financial relationship that has occurred in the previous 12 months. Disclosures must be done prior to the start of planning.
Any disclosed financial relationship must be reviewed to be certain that it does not represent a conflict of interest in any of the content that they will plan or review. The review must follow the established PeerPoint review process and must take place prior to that person starting to work as a Chairperson, Planner, Medical Editor, Reviewer or Manager.
The Chairperson or Project Manager, on receiving notice of the disclosure of a financial relationship shall choose another member of the planning committee to review the disclosure.
Owner or employee of a ineligible company?
- If no, proceed to Other Relevant Financial Relationship process.
- If yes, review according to ACCME exceptions:
- Is the content of the CME activity related to the business lines or products of the owner/employee? If it is not, the team member may participate.
- Is the content related to basic scientific research, or processes/methodologies? If yes, the team member may participate.
- Is the employee a technician planning or editing content on the proper use of a device? If yes, the team member may contribute.
- If none of these conditions are fulfilled, the team member may not participate.
Are there other relevant financial relationships?
- If Yes, is there potential bias in content to be planned or edited?
- If there is potential bias, can the team member review other non-biased content? If the team member is able to review other content, the team member may participate.
- If the team member is not able to review other content, the team member may not participate.
Please note: any team member that is also a presenter/author with a positive disclosure must have their presentation materials reviewed in addition to the team member review.