Publication Requirements for CME Accreditation
PeerPoint Accreditation Manual
- Intro to PeerPoint and Adult Learning
- Intro to ACCME
- Documentation and Information Requirements for CME Accreditation
- The CME BackOffice Application – Logistics
- Accreditation Checklist
- Disclosure by Presenter/Author
- Disclosure and Review of Financial Relationships
- Education Planning
- Processes for the disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships and Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interests.
- Appendix A: Standards for Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education℠
- Appendix B: Glossary and Terms
- Content Review and Validation Process for Accreditation
- Content Validation Criteria
- Review of Financial Relationship for Potential Conflict of Interest
- Team and Agenda Manager Process
- Conflict of Interest Sample Resolution Form
Please Note: prior to an activity being accredited, no publication of accreditation status is allowed. You may not publish such statements as, “Accreditation applied for.” Or “Accreditation pending.”
The Accreditation and Designation Statements obtained at the time of accreditation must be published:
- In any marketing or advertising brochure that mentions CME/Accreditation.
- In any marketing or advertising email that mentions CME/Accreditation.
- On any social media (example: LinkedIn) or any promotional website.
- On the educational activity website where it can be seen prior to registration for the educational activity.
The Accreditation and Designation Statements with the Disclosure Report, Faculty Bios and Grants (if necessary) must be published:
- In the overall educational activity program or electronic application (app). Any material containing schedule information concerning the program would be considered the program.
- If there is no single educational activity program or electronic application(app), publication must be in each handout that is distributed in either print or electronically.
- In case of Live-Streaming Activities via the Internet, on the platform where the activity is being presented.
- In the case of Enduring Materials presented via the Internet, on the platform where the activity is being presented.
- If the information is provided via a link or button, the link or button should display at least the following: Accreditation Designation Financial Disclosures (Grants).