- Intro to PeerPoint and Adult Learning
- Intro to ACCME
- Documentation and Information Requirements for CME Accreditation
- The CME BackOffice Application – Logistics
- Accreditation Checklist
- Disclosure by Presenter/Author
- Disclosure and Review of Financial Relationships
- Education Planning
- Processes for the disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships and Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interests.
- Appendix A: Standards for Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education℠
- Appendix B: Glossary and Terms
- Content Review and Validation Process for Accreditation
- Content Validation Criteria
- Review of Financial Relationship for Potential Conflict of Interest
- Team and Agenda Manager Process
- Conflict of Interest Sample Resolution Form
As an organization accredited by the ACCME, PeerPoint Medical Education Institute (PMEI) is responsible for ensuring that its CME offerings are free of commercial bias. PMEI has identified Dr. Paul Brown as within a position to affect CME Content who has disclosed that he/she has a current financial relationship with one or more ineligible companies pertaining to this CME activity, which may represent a financial conflict of interest (COI).
Given your expert knowledge of the topic area and relevant commercial company’s product/service lines, we ask your help in identifying whether this person’s financial relationship and involvement in the development, planning, authoring, or presentation of the CME Content does, in fact, pose a financial conflict of interest that we must resolve.
You will be provided with a copy of the CME content and the planner/author/presenter’s financial disclosure form for referral when reviewing the material.
We ask that you review this CME Content to assess
Whether the CME Content makes clinical recommendations regarding the use of value of specific agents/devices offered by the commercial company with whom this person/spouse has a current financial relationship (not necessarily about the class of agents/devices nor whole disease class in which those agents/devices are used).
Please check the box below on the attestation that best reflects your opinion of the material
- Based on my review of this material, I believe that this CME Content does not make a clinical recommendation or recommendations regarding the use of value of specific agents/devices offered by the commercial company with whom this person has a current financial relationship.
- Based on my review of this material, I believe that this CME Content does make a clinical recommendation of recommendations regarding the use of value of specific agents/devices offered by the commercial company with whom this person has a current financial relationship. As such, this person has a financial COI that must be resolved by the financial COI resolution mechanism.
Please Note: prior to an activity being accredited, no publication of accreditation status is allowed. You may not publish such statements as, “Accreditation applied for.” Or “Accreditation pending.”
The Accreditation and Designation Statements obtained at the time of accreditation must be published:
- In any marketing or advertising brochure that mentions CME/Accreditation.
- In any marketing or advertising email that mentions CME/Accreditation.
- On any social media (example: LinkedIn) or any promotional website.
- On the educational activity website where it can be seen prior to registration for the educational activity.
The Accreditation and Designation Statements with the Disclosure Report, Faculty Bios and Grants (if necessary) must be published:
- In the overall educational activity program or electronic application (app). Any material containing schedule information concerning the program would be considered the program.
- If there is no single educational activity program or electronic application(app), publication must be in each handout that is distributed in either print or electronically.
- In case of Live-Streaming Activities via the Internet, on the platform where the activity is being presented.
- In the case of Enduring Materials presented via the Internet, on the platform where the activity is being presented.
- If the information is provided via a link or button, the link or button should display at least the following: Accreditation Designation Financial Disclosures (Grants).